eyEPIOTIC® ear cleaner for dogs and cats
EPIOTIC® antimicrobial ear cleanser contains actives which deal with a number of problems associated with ears as well as being an ideal ear maintenance product.
WHAT IS EPIOTIC®?
- Alcohol-free, non-irritant ear cleanser.
- Safe: can be used regularly.
- Ideal for dogs that swim.
- Can be used on ears and also skin lesions.
- Easy to use.
Dogs and cats requiring ear cleansing or needing a solution for problem ears.
WHY CHOOSE EPIOTIC?
- Aids in the treatment of otitis externa – EPIOTIC is a valuable therapeutic option. It has an ideal pH~2.5, creating a hostile environment for bacteria and yeast.
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity – EPIOTIC contains 4 broad-spectrum antimicrobials, treating and protecting against a broad range of infections. The actives are anti-bacterial, keratin modifying, cerumenolytic, anti-pruritic and moisturising. It has proven in vitro and in vivo efficacy against the major ear pathogens including Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus spp and Malassezia pachydermatis.
- Useful cleaning and preventative agent – Removes cerumen, pus and debris from the ear canal and has a drying agent to remove excess moisture (contains docusate sodium and lactic acid). Helps leave the ears in optimum condition.
- Superior coverage and adhesion – Contains a filming agent.
- Lactic acid 25 mg/L
- Salicylic acid 1.1 mg/L
Also contains docusate sodium, propylene glycol and chloroxylenol (parachlorometaxylenol-PCMX).
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Hold the ear flap and lift it into a vertical position.
- Aim tip of bottle into the ear canal and squeeze the bottle to apply solution liberally, enabling a flushing action.
- Without letting go of the ear flap, gently massage the base of the ear, downward and inward in order to disperse EPIOTIC throughout the ear canal for 1 minute. Then allow the pet to shake its head.
- Remove the excess fluid and debris with a ball of cotton wool or tissue and also clean the inside of the ear flap.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 until the excess fluid no longer looks dirty.